National Curriculum content
Understand computer networks including the internet and opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration; use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked; select, use and combine a variety of software.
- Plan the structure of your magazine or yearbook
- Decide what content you will include in your magazine or yearbook
- Prepare text and images for your magazine or yearbook
- Start to create your pages using desktop publishing software
- Bring all the pages of your magazine or yearbook together
- Review, edit and publish your magazine yearbook
What we want children to know
- How to manage or contribute to large collaborative projects.
- To write and review content.
- Source digital media while demonstrating safe, respectful and responsible use.
- Design and produce a high-quality document.
What skills we want children to develop
- Work collaboratively on a large project.
- Select, use and combine software to present and collect information.
- Be discerning in evaluating the content they and peers produce.
- Make use of opportunities for communication and collaboration.
Desktop Publishing (DTP), magazine, yearbook, collaboration, design, images, typeface, layout.