National Curriculum Content
- Develop their techniques with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art.
- To use sketchbooks to record and develop their ideas.
- Draw images using techniques such as shading to show texture.
- Investigate, experiment and create different styles of lettering to create effect.
- Create a slogan.
- Create a poster with a clear message.
What we want children to know
- How to use shade techniques to show texture.
- How to produce lettering using measuring equipment.
What skills we want children to develop
- Use sketchbooks consistently to inform, plan and develop.
- Encourage individual identification of suitable equipment for a particular purpose e.g. size of paintbrush or paper needed.
- Observe and use a variety of techniques to show the effect of light on objects and people e.g. use rubbers to lighten, use pencil to show shade, tone, use tones of the same colour.
- Use tools accurately.
- Use finishing techniques to improve the appearance of their product using a range of equipment, with confidence.
- Make and achieve a quality product.
Text, typography, image, form, shape, composition