National Curriculum Content
- Develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- Build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- Critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products, and the work of others.
- Investigate how famous artists represent fairgrounds.
- Investigate and experiment with colour and pattern.
- Build frameworks to create and construct a fairground ride.
- Use a hacksaw accurately, efficiently and safely to cut strip wood.
- Join materials using appropriate methods.
What we want children to know
- The importance of accurate measurements.
- Know how to assemble components to make working models.
- Know how to reinforce and strengthen a 3D framework.
What skills we want children to develop
- Confidently select appropriate tools, materials, components and techniques and use them.
- Use tools safely and accurately.
- Construct products using permanent joining techniques.
- Aim to make and to achieve a quality product.
Wood, saw, measure, accurately, glue, glue gun