National curriculum content
Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals; use sequence, selection and repetition in programs; use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs.
- Learn basic commands in Python.
- Plan your text adventure.
- Get Python to print room descriptions.
- Use selection and variables to give users choices.
- Insert procedures into your program.
- Use lists in your program and finish your text adventure.
What we want children to know
- Plan a text-based adventure with simple ‘rooms’ and user interaction.
- How to thoroughly debug a program.
- Use variables and selection in Python.
- Use procedures in Python.
- How to create a list in Python.
What skills we want children to develop
- Learn some of the syntax of a text-based programming language.
- Use commands to display text on screen, accept user input, store and retrieve data using variables and select from a list.
Python, repetition, variable, selection, print, procedure, syntax