National Curriculum Content
- Become proficient in drawing, painting and sculptural techniques.
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- Investigate how to draw figures and portraits, using a formula.
- Investigate how artists have drawn and painted people in action for example Banksy and Keith Haring.
- Create your own cartoon images showing movement.
- Use wire and papier-mache to create a 3D person in action.
What we want children to know
- Examples of artists using people as a stimulus for their work.
- How to draw people.
- How to convey movement in their work.
What skills we want children to develop
- Use sketchbooks consistently to inform, plan and develop.
- Produce accurate and intricate drawings of people.
- Use colour to express moods and feelings.
- Use malleable materials to combine shapes to create a recognisable form.
Movement, sequence, repetition, form, pose, shade, contrast, portray, montage
Artists studied: Keith Haring