National curriculum content
Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked; select, use and combine a variety of software on a range of programs, systems and content that accomplish given goals; use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly.
- Find out about the venue and location of your visit.
- Use books and online tools to plan a route to the venue.
- Collect images, audio and video during your visit.
- Review your content and improve it.
- Add text and images to a Google Map.
- Create a website about your visit.
What we want children to know
- Research a location online using a range of resources.
- Understand the safe use of mobile technology including GPS.
- Capture images, audio and video while on location.
- Showcase shared media content through a mapping layer.
What skills we want children to develop
- Collect, evaluate, analyse and present data.
- Understand algorithms - consider how shortest or fastest route is calculated.
- Safe and responsible use of technology.
Geotagging, GPS, route, location, tracklog, smartphone, map, metadata