National Curriculum Content
- Develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world.
- Build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- Critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products, and the work of others.
- Investigate how Vikings used art.
- Design and create a 3D dragon using cylinders.
- Add wings and spines using cardboard attachments.
What we want children to know
- Use tools safely and accurately.
- Assemble components to make working models.
What skills we want children to develop
- Generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through discussion, annotated sketches, cross-sectional and exploded diagrams.
- Plan the order of their work, choosing appropriate materials, tools and techniques.
- Construct products using permanent joining techniques.
- Confidently select appropriate tools, materials, components and techniques and use them.
- Identify the strengths and areas for development in their ideas and products.
Cardboard attachment, L-brace, flange, cylinder