National Curriculum Content
- To improve their mastery of art and design techniques including sculpture.
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- Know about great artists, and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- Investigate how Mayan culture uses sculpture.
- Create a Mayan sculpture using clay.
- Investigate the colours and patterns used in Mayan fabrics.
- Use weaving to design and create Mayan inspired fabric.
What we want children to know
- How to join clay, using slip.
- Weaving creates fabric.
What skills we want children to develop
- Use sketchbooks consistently to inform, plan and develop.
- Shape, form, model and construct malleable materials from observation and imagination, with confidence.
- Make use of the knowledge they have acquired of tools, techniques and materials to express own ideas and feelings.
- Encourage individual identification of suitable equipment for a particular purpose e.g. size of paintbrush or thread required.
Weaving, warp, weft, sculpture, clay, moulding, mouldable