National curriculum content
Use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content
- Planning a website.
- Learning how search works.
- Curating website content.
- Adding media to the website.
- Reviewing and improving the website.
What we want children to know
- Develop their research skills to decide what information is appropriate
- Understand some elements of how search engines
- Question the plausibility and quality of information
- Develop and refine their ideas and text collaboratively
- Develop their understanding of e-safety and responsible use of technology
What skills we want children to develop
- There is scope for pupils to apply their skills in summarising text, as well as their knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Make use of skills in conducting an enquiry and in considering the authority and potential bias of source documents.
Bias, e-safety, Page Rank, revision history, search engine, Wiki