National Curriculum Content
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design .
- Research fabric containers and fastenings.
- Use running and backstitch to join fabric.
- Add fastenings, for example buttons or press-studs.
What we want children to know
- How to sew a seam using backstitch.
- How to sew fastenings.
What skills we want children to develop
- Develop skills in stitching, joining fabric e.g. backstitch to make a seam
- Add fastenings e.g. buttons
- Add decoration to create effect e.g. lace
Sewing, needle, thread, fabric, backstitch, button, fastening