National curriculum content
Understand computer networks including the internet; how they can provide multiple services, such as the world wide web, and the opportunities they offer for communication and collaboration.
- Share the learning expectations for the unit – poster.
- Writing a blog test.
- Commenting on blog posts.
- Adding images to blog posts.
- Working with media.
What we want children to know
- to become familiar with blogs as a medium and a genre of writing
- create a sequence of blog posts on a theme
- incorporate additional media
- comment on the posts of others
- develop a critical, reflective view of a range of media, including text
What skills we want children to develop
- Ample writing opportunities for children to plan, draft and evaluate their own (and others’) writing.
- The blog activity could replace a diary or journal activity, e.g. the blog of an ancient Greek..
Audience, blog, blogroll, copyright, dashboard, hyperlinks, podcast