National Curriculum Content
- Become proficient in painting techniques.
- Know about great artists and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- Investigate surrealism.
- Investigate the work of the surrealist artists, such as Salvador Dali.
- Use a range of materials to express ideas and dreams in the style of surrealist artists.
What we want children to know
- Surrealism depicts various unrelated elements put together in any order depending on the artists view.
What skills we want children to develop
- Produce increasingly detailed preparatory sketches for painting and other work.
- Work directly from observation or imagination with confidence.
- Take into account the properties of media being used.
Surrealism, gallery, dream, bizarre, landscape, image
Artist studied: Salvador Dali