National Curriculum Content
- Record observations in sketchbooks and use them to review and revisit ideas.
- Become proficient in painting techniques.
- Investigate the styles of the artist Georgia O’ Keefe.
- Explore ideas from first-hand observations.
- Use a variety of materials to create bold colours e.g. paint, tissue paper.
- Use a variety of materials and techniques to create texture and shading e.g. paint, charcoal, drawing pencils.
- Create an image in the style of Georgia O’ Keefe.
What we want children to know
- Varied brush techniques create shapes, textures and lines.
- How to create a colour palette.
- Evaluation of their work is required during and at the end to improve it.
What skills we want children to develop
- Produce increasingly detailed preparatory sketches for painting and other work.
- Create colour palette demonstrating mixing techniques.
- Explore the use of texture in colour.
- Consider artists use of colour and application of it.
- Adapt and refine ideas.
Line, form, colour, composition, Georgia O’ Keefe