National curriculum content
Use sequence, selection and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output.
- Planning a game.
- Creating and sourcing assets.
- Creating a prototype of the game.
- Debugging the game script.
- Testing the game.
What we want children to know
- Create original artwork and sound for a game design and create a computer program for a computer game, which uses sequence, selection, repetition and variables.
- Detect and correct errors in their computer game.
- Use iterative development techniques (making and testing a series)
What skills we want children to develop
- Pupils can improve their art and design skills by creating artwork for their games.
- Pupils can record sound or compose music for their games.
Algorithm, debugging, code, programming, sprites, storyboard