National curriculum content
Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts.
- Exploring art galleries.
- Creating a virtual sculpture.
- Designing exterior of gallery.
- Designing interior of gallery.
- Adding scenery to building.
What we want children to know
- Understand the work of architects, designers and engineers working in 3D
- Develop familiarity with a simple CAD (computer aided design) tool
- Develop spatial awareness by exploring and experimenting with a 3D virtual environment
- Develop greater aesthetic awareness.
What skills we want children to develop
- Pupils apply skills from maths work in the domains of measurement and geometry.
- There are opportunities to link this unit to work on properties and changes of materials, e.g. by exploring the properties of building materials, such as their hardness and transparency.
3D, Animation, Computer aided design (CAD), Navigation, Screencast, Sculpture, Virtual