National Curriculum Content
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Become proficient in sculpture techniques.
- Know about great artists, and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- Identify features of Greek art.
- Create geometric patterns.
- Use papier-mâché to create a Greek vase.
- Decorate with geometric patterns.
What we want children to know
- Examples of art from different cultures.
- How to mold papier-mâché into a 3D form.
- How to draw geometric patterns.
What skills we want children to develop
- Start to generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through discussion and annotated sketches.
- Shape, form and model materials with confidence.
- Produce more intricate patterns and textures
- Start to evaluate a product against the original design specification
Greek vase, papier- mache, paste, layers, molding, shape, form