National Curriculum Content
- Become proficient in craft and design techniques.
- To create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas.
1. Investigate how authors use pop ups to create a story.
2. Design and create a story or retell an old favourite using pop ups.
3. Make a range of pop up mechanisms.
4. Use a range of pop up mechanisms to create a story.
What we want children to know
- How to create pop up mechanisms.
- How to measure, join and construct materials accurately.
- Evaluation is required both during and at the end of a process to improve the product.
What skills we want children to develop
- Develop a clear idea of what has to be done, planning how to use materials, equipment and processes, and suggesting alternative methods of making, if the first attempts fail.
- Know how to measure, mark out, cut and shape a range of materials, using appropriate tools, equipment and techniques.
- Evaluate their products carrying out appropriate tests.
Pop up, mechanisms, measure, ruler, slider, rotating mouth fold, pull-tabs