National Curriculum Content
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- To become proficient in craft and design techniques.
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- Make a cardboard loom.
- Use a ruler to measure accurately.
- Weave a piece of fabric using wool.
- Thread a needle.
- Sew using a running and cross-stitch.
What we want children to know
- How we can learn from past cultures.
- How to create fabric.
- How to sew running and cross-stitches.
What skills we want children to develop
- Use colour to express an idea in weaving for example culture, seasons, mood.
- Consider methods of making fabric.
- Use large eyed needles, different thicknesses of thread to explore running and cross-stitch.
Sewing, needle, thread, fabric, running stitch, cross stitch, weaving, woolen, warp, weft