National Curriculum Content
- Become proficient in painting techniques.
- Improve their mastery of art and design techniques with a range of materials.
- To learn about great artists, architects and designers in history.
1. Identify how artists have painted images of water.
2. Investigate how to draw and paint water using a variety of materials for example pencil crayons, oil pastels, poster paint, water colours.
3. Use a range of mixed media.
4. Plan and design a collage.
What we want children to know
- How artists represent water.
- How techniques of collage can create different textures.
- Brush techniques can vary texture.
What skills we want children to develop
- Record ideas in sketchbooks and make informed choices about media.
- Experience surface patterns and textures.
- Use varied brush techniques to create texture and pattern.
- Consider light, shadow, space and size when designing and creating.
Wax resist, swirls, blending, waves, water colours, tissue paper
Artist studied: Katsushika Hokusai