Is climate cool?
National curriculum content
To identify the position and significance of the Equator, Northern Hemisphere, Southern Hemisphere, the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, Arctic and Antarctic Circle. To describe and understand key aspects of climate zones, biomes and vegetation belts. To use maps, atlases, globes and digital/computer mapping to locate countries and describe features studied.
1. To understand terms climate, climate zones and biomes.
2. To know about life in the polar climate zone.
3. To find out about the hottest, driest places on Earth.
4. To examine the hottest, wettest places on Earth, and the rainforest biome.
5. To learn about the temperate climate zone, and to consider climate change in the UK.
6. To produce a report on how an animal has adapted to life in its biome.
What we want children to know
What skills we want children to develop
Biome, climate, fauna, flora, temperature, tropical, tundra, vegetation belt, weather, environment