National Curriculum Content
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- To become proficient in painting techniques.
- Know about great artists and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
1. Learn and use imagination and experience of travelling in your work.
2. Experiment with and combine a range of 2D materials, including those from the natural world.
3. Identify similarities and differences between their work and the artists’ work.
What we want children to know
- In other cultures, colours, shapes and textures can describe a real or imagined journey.
- Examples of artists who communicate their ideas through signs and symbols.
- Paint can be mixed to create a variety of tones, shades and hues.
What skills we want children to develop
- Mix and match colours effectively.
- Observe and mix colours to match those of the natural world-colours that might have a less defined name.
Journey, travelling, map, aerial, sign, symbol, shape, Australia, Aboriginal, Aborigine, water colours