National Curriculum Content
- Become proficient in sculpting techniques.
- Improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including sculpting with a range of materials.
- Identify how and why Barbara Hepworth created her sculptures.
- Use seashells to identify ideas for sculpture.
- Use a variety of materials to create sculptures in the style of Barbara Hepworth.
What we want children to know
- How to manipulate clay.
- How to create 3D sculpture in the style of Barbara Hepworth.
- Describe and express an opinion on the work of famous, notable artists.
What skills we want children to develop
- Shape, form, model and construct malleable and rigid materials from observation and imagination.
- Discuss aesthetics and what it means in art.
- Discuss own work and work of other sculptors with comparisons made.
Clay, molding, moldable, spirals, seashells
Artist studied: Barbara Hepworth