National Curriculum Content
- To become proficient in drawing techniques.
- To improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing with a range of materials.
- Identify how artists have painted images of people.
- Investigate how to draw portraits and figures.
- Use composition skills to make a double portrait depicting a relationship with someone in their life.
What we want children to know
- Techniques for drawing people.
- Examples of artists who have used people as their stimulus for art work.
What skills we want children to develop
- Make initial sketches as a preparation for painting and other work.
- Encourage accurate drawings of people-particularly faces.
- Make as many tones of one colour as possible using primary colours and white.
- Adapt their work and describe how they might improve it.
Portraits, families, figures, relationships, sketching, painting, brushes, colour
Artists studied: Pablo Picasso, David Hockney Thomas Gainsborough, Pierre Auguste Renoir