National curriculum content
Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
- Planning the project
- Learning how emails work
- Using email safely
- Working with attachments
- Developing the joint presentations
What we want children to know
- That email and video conferencing work via the internet
- How to use email and video conferencing to communicate
- How to use text and video communication
- The broader issues surrounding email, including ‘netiquette’ and online safety.
What skills we want children to develop
- Use the internet safely, respectfully and responsibly; understand the risk of opening links and attachments in emails
- Use a range of application software, both desktop-based, and internet-based services in order to collect, analyse, evaluate and present information
attachment, email, e-safety, spam, spoofed link, video conference, virus