National Curriculum Content
- To become proficient in sculpting techniques.
- To improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including sculpture with a range of materials.
- Investigate using different media for example sketching pencils to create a variety of lines and tones.
- Learn that in another culture lines, shapes and pictures are used to represent letters.
- Investigate the method of papier-mache to create and mold an Egyptian cat sarcophagus.
What we want children to know
- Style, patterns and characteristics of Egyptian art
- Papier- Mache can be molded to create 3d objects
What skills we want children to develop
- Start to generate ideas by drawing on their own and other people's experiences
- Use malleable materials to create sculpture
- With confidence talk about their ideas, saying what they like and dislike
Mark-making, line, sketching, papier-mache, paper strips, paste, layers, sarcophagus