If you want to find out more about school meals in Derbyshire, or if you think your child might be eligible for a free school meal, follow this link:
Primary school meals
The cost for the academic year 2018-19 is £2.10 per day
- main course meat or fish dish
- main course vegetarian dish
- freshly made sandwiches and jacket potatoes on request
- potatoes, rice or pasta with vegetables or salad
- choice of pudding every day
- fresh salad available every day
- fresh fruit available every day
- fruit juice drink and water available every day.
Facts about primary school meals in Derbyshire
- primary and secondary menus comply with the Government nutritional standards
- all recipes are low in sugar and fat
- daily servings of vegetables, salad and fresh fruit
- oven baking of dishes in preference to frying
- home-cooked dishes with quality ingredients, that are locally sourced where possible
- all ingredients are checked for unnecessary additives and allergens
- bread served as an accompaniment to the meal
- special medically referred diets can usually be catered for.
Cost of School Meals
School meals are available to children at a cost of £2.10 per day or at no cost to those in receipt of Free School Meals entitlement. School meals must be paid for in advance. Any revision to the school meal prices will be notified to parents/carers the term prior to the new charge taking effect.
Payment for School Meals
Please send payment on a Monday morning clearly marked with your child’s name and class number, and amount enclosed. This payment should be handed by your child to their class teacher at registration time.
Please note the school no longer accepts cheques.